Cocktail Recipe: The Calypso
To celebrate Spring, we're sharing this recipe from our cocktail archives. This cocktail is deliciously floral with gin but also great with vodka.
- 6 strawberries
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 basil leaves
- 2 oz gin
- sparkling water
1. Slice strawberries and place in a small bowl with sugar. Let sit in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2. Combine strawberry mixture with lemon juice and place in a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Strain mixture and set aside.
4. Muddle basil in a rocks glass.
5. Add ice; pour in strawberry mixture and gin. Top with sparkling water.